Sunday, October 22, 2006

I wish I got this excited for my birthday

It is hard for me to admit I have a two year old! I am not ready for him to grow up. Goes by in a blink.

Kid's birthdays are so much fun. Since having Kayden, my birthday has taken a back seat, and I think I am far more excited for his birthday than my own. He loves dogs, so we themed it around his favorite stuffed puppy, Joey. (I just tried a couple of times to upload a pix of Joey, but it did not work. Maybe later) Joey has to be in all the pictures, and even helps Kayden on the potty. No, he is not even close to starting potty training, we just got "Kayden's toilet" out so he would be comfortable around it. BTW, he likes the potty, just not going in it.

I said this year I was going to scale back, not invite so many people. However, it always turns into a big ole party. I can't resist. Kayden got so many new toys we might need to build an additional playroom. It makes ME excited to play with all of them and read all the new books.

I know some of you came, so THANK YOU!! You are what makes the party special!

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

Do you notice what gender is NOT in the kitchen helping with food? Why is this????



Kayden then went to Grandma and Grandpa's to spend the night. They said he was so tired he slept like this all night and hardly moved. I think a better word for it is recharging.

One other note: FIG- I hope you got your cotton candy. I put it on top of the mailboxes at church on Sunday. If you missed it this round, we will make it again for Halloween.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kayden -I cannot believe how big he is! Brig

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kayden! Birthdays are very special. I celebrate mine the whole month of Feb. I missed my cotton candy! I looked for you Sunday, but being a Minime, I had trouble spotting you. I am looking forward to Halloween. By the way, if you are a "minime" just how short is the lady in the GVSU sweatshirt in the picture? She looks to be the size of my "Jude"

MiniMe Mom said...

She is pretty tiny. I think around 5 feet.
We were in the back meeting room for the Cal CRC New Members Class. I hear we got off easy since we are in between Pastors of Outreach. I will save some cotton candy at Halloween.
BTW, how are you related to Donna Kroll? She was neighbors with my Grandpa and Grandma VanderPloeg and they were best of friends. I think you might be related to her.

Anonymous said...

April is 4'11 1/2 !!

joan

MiniMe Mom said...

I knew she was around 5 feet tall. She sure is cute though!

Anonymous said...

Yup, we must be related. My wife Judy is Donna's (younger) sister. Now, I pole vaulted against a VanderPloeg in high school. Could you be related to him? By the way I beat him. (11ft 6in)

MiniMe Mom said...

That might be my dad. His name is Dale and he did pole vault at Calvin Christian, I think. My grandpa actually built a pole vault pit in their back yard while he was growing up.

Anonymous said...

That's Him!! I vaulted for Unity Christian. Did you grandpa have a meat market? (Vans)

MiniMe Mom said...

Yes he did, and then my uncle bought it from him when he was ready to retire. It has closed now, but youv'e got the right guy:-)

I still see Donna every once in a while, but not as much now that my grandparents have passed. The Hess Lake cottage was sold to my Uncle Gary-she always rented Lou Hirdes' cottage next door. Small World...

Anonymous said...

We are putting our basketball team together. (South Chr. Rec. League). Would Josh like to join us? Other members he might know are: Brad Pylman (my soninlaw), Ross Hopkins (my son), Bert Torres (from our church), Tim Raredon (from our church), Jason and Jim Schut (my friends from Hudsonville), Kevin Hunderman (one of Ross' friends), Tim Stadler (one of Brad's friends) Josh can be my friend!

MiniMe Mom said...

What night is it on? I think the only night it wouldn't work is Mon. Josh goes to class then. I will let him know though. I am sure he would like to play!