Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I might become a computer nerd after all...


Sorry to all you computer nerds out there...I actually envy you!

One of my New Year's goals this year was to create and maintain my own website. I really had no clue the amount of time it would take. Kayden went down for a nap one day at my parent's house and I told my mom that I was going to go down and create my webpage- could she give me a couple hours to create it? Forty or Fifty hours later I had just the basics of it completed, and I spend about two to three hours a week adding new products, things I wanted to add but just didn't have the time, questions that come up from customers, etc.

Probably anyone who is reading this has at some point been to my site, and if you remember the left side lists the various categories for products, hyperlinked to the actual product pages. They have always been underlined and for the last three months I have tried everything to get them un-underlined. It has been very frustrating.

This weekend, drumroll please...I actually wrote the html code BY MYSELF to remove the underlining of my hyperlinks! I was so excited. I pretty much told anyone I came in contact with. Most of them had no clue what I was talking about, but the possibilities now are endless! I found a site that I actually love the looks of- Pumpkinnoodle.com- that has the cutest little scalloped border to showcase it's items so hopefully I can add something like that someday. There are so many things I want to change, but I guess the important thing right now is that the items sell. I will take that any day over a beautiful website.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm impressed! I know how exciting it is to learn this "nerd stuff" I remember wondering for many months what HTML code was. It is a crazy little language that's for sure. The Website looks outstanding!