Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Going Postal


Alright, I know this is going to sound really strange, but going to the post office is one of the funnest parts of my day. I have to go to the post office at least twice a week, sometimes more depending on when orders need to be sent out, and it is really a treat!

There is never a line, I always get a friendly greeting from each of the three workers-they ask how business is going, what is new, and they throw out new jokes to see if I "have heard the one...". I have even been known to chat for fifteen minutes with one of the older guys! I guess what makes it so noteworthy is that it is unexpected- many of the other post offices I go to, I usually encounter long lines, unfriendly workers, and a lot of hassles.

As I reread this post I realize just how starved I am for adult attention that going to the post office actually makes me happy. Wow, that is pretty sad.

No comments: