Sunday, October 29, 2006

Does it ever end?


I have to first off admit that I am not the type of person whose house is always clean. In fact, a few areas of my house are never clean. The basement where I sew is one of them. However, I always feel a little guilty when someone sees the mess. Almost like I have failed in some way because I cannot keep it all together as a mom. I ran across this today on a mommy chat site that I network on:

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

So, why does it bother me so much that my house is not clean?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I know exactly what you mean. I tell myself that since I am a "stay at home Mom" it is my duty to have a clean house because, after all I do have the time to clean it, right??? It is just another misconception, thinking that if our house is spotless we have acheived greatness as a housewife, however I struggle with the delicate balance every week of housework and spending more time loving on my kiddos. So to answer the question, no it never ends. But some weeks are better than others :) Hope this one is good for you!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean Jamie, If I can keep my living space that company visit in clean, I am happy. There is no way I can keep my whole house clean and laundry done at the same time. I have noticed now, that being a grandma...keeping up bothers me even less. They grow us so fast and you realize that even more as a Nene.....One tip I learned a long time ago that I still use is this. If you can keep your kitchen table clear and looking pretty, when the kitchen is cluttery it is not so noticable!..Joan