Monday, January 01, 2007


One of my favorite places to go as a child was Show Biz Pizza. Mom would load all three of us up in the car and we would head-for what seemed like hours- out to Show Biz Pizza. Long before the days of handstamping at the door, we would race in ahead of them and start begging for tokens. I would run to the Skee Ball, little brothers to the arcade style racing games, and then we would all sit down to some really greasy cardboard tasting pizza. Dotty Dog, my favorite cheerleader character (sorry Fig), would put on a dazzling show behind the silver lame curtain and I was in awe. We all usually went away with some plastic snake or sticky hand that was worth 300 tickets. I loved that place even though the balls did smell like someone pee'd in them.
Naturally now that Kayden is getting older, Chuck E Cheese is the place to be. Kayden is far more interested in putting the tokens in the slots than he is playing the game. Do you see me up in that thing? That is a mother's love. Watch out, Triplet Dad, you will be here soon.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE that place and my goal is for my girls to never hear about it. Anyone who tells them will be on my "poop" list.

Anonymous said...

Oh, basically because it smells like feet! and there are so many misbehaved, uncontrolled kids in there

tami said...

Rob can barely handle the treehouse at the mall. When Noah was younger and would get accidently pushed down by a bigger kid I thought Rob was going to beat the kid up. We still have not made it to Chuck E. Cheese.

Skee ball rules!

Michelle said...

Tami, how could you deprive your children the germ infested enjoyment? I agree with Nicole, the pizza is tastey. Also, I will tell the triplets about Chuck E. Cheese ASAP.

MiniMe Mom said...

I recently went with my mom to Art Van, and they have a huge playhouse in the back. They are not meant for adults. I went down the slide with Kayden and lost control and ended up sliding down on top of him and then basically falling out at the end. I thought the worker was going to pee her pants.

Auggh, the wonderful world of germs. Hey, at least they no longer have the plastic balls that everyone pee's in.

Sonny Huisman said...

1. I loved Showbiz Pizza as a kid!

2. I second Tami's comment that Skee Ball Rules! (and I rule at it - or used to).

3. I'm concerned about everyone slamming cheerleaders . . . what's up with that? I was a cheerleader once - a darn good one I might add - and you all talk to and hang out with me!

Michelle said...

Point taken Sonny :)

Sonny was the hottest cheerleader at good 'ol SCHS---by a long shot. And of course Tami was equally fabulous at her alma matter.

yes, we do socialize with you today, thus proof that cheerleaders do grow up into productive members of society.

:)

Anonymous said...

How'd you know it was me?

tami said...

Yeah Stacey can go too!!! I can't wait. Are we doing dinner or just coffee? Either way I need to stay out until past bedtime.

Also cheerleaders rule. I think I really like you Sonny.

MiniMe Mom said...

I am pretty sure we decided on Kava House. With five ladies chatting, I am pretty sure you will be out past bedtime:-)

Sonny Huisman said...

I'm glad to know there's another cheerleader in the house!

Fire up!

Anonymous said...

Cheerleaders can be cute but in my scale of rating girls they ended up just below the guy who dust mopped the floor at half time. That is just one mans opinion. I don't see a picture of Josh up in the plastic tunnel. Whats up? Is he afraid?

MiniMe Mom said...

He is too big:-)