Friday, January 26, 2007

Bucket

I was seventeen when my dad brought Willie home. He looked just like my dog Tia, only bigger. A little white fluffball, small and cute. A great dog, well behaved, rarely barked. Wille was not his real name, however. Willhestayorwillhego was the name given by the previous owners. We shortened it to Willie since that was a bit long when calling him. About six weeks ago, Willie went again- surprising, seeing the ad my dad placed:

Toy puddle, 15 years old (he was only ten), we want to travel and do not want the dog around any longer

Now, my dad is notorious for these types of ads. When I was trying to sell my Lebaron convertible, for weeks I did not get one call. Low and behold, I looked on the sign, and he had printed out the wrong phone number.

A freind of the family, Avrial, loved Willie, so she decided to give him a new home. Unfortunately, he died about a week ago. Kayden asks every once in a while "Where did Willie go?" so my mom told him he kicked the bucket. Although instead of bucket, Kayden started his word with an f. The more I try to correct him, the longer and louder he repeats it! I just know this Sunday at church he is going to scream it out clear as day.

Why do they always remember those so easily? I always tell him to say I love Mommy and he never says that. Help! Any one else out there? Kids saying naughty words?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband has the mouth of a trucker and when he's on the phone he's oblivious to who may be listening....Here's the only story I can repeat, the other's we'll have to reserve for Kava:

Austin started choking on gum, when we were driving..It was scary and Brent said, "Oh my goodness, that scared me!"

Ashlyn said, "Yeah, I almost pissed my pants!"

Michelle said...

I'll look for Kayden tomorrow--see if I can get him to say it! :) Kidding. maybe.

MiniMe Mom said...

I am sure he will say it for you loud and clear for all to hear. Make sure some pastor or elder is nearby. The new member committee will retract their invitation.

Sonny Huisman said...

I'll be keeping my ears open on Sunday . . . church discipline may be in order . . .

Could it be Satan?

MiniMe Mom said...

Maybe a good church spanking would be in order. Tell all your workers to watch out for this one.

Anonymous said...

I wish I'd have known that yesterday before I went to church!!

Anonymous said...

When my son Ross was little he was "helping" me with a project in the garage when I let something slip. He instantly picked up on it and started saying "Ship" real loud. He would act like me and then say "ship". I decided not to correct him because everyone knew what he was really trying to say.