Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A few figures



A few figures from today, in bulleted form for Dana:
  • 19: the number of times I put 40 lb. Kayden in and out of his car seat
  • 2: black puddles Kayden fell in
  • 3: postal workers laughing at me as I tried in vain to open the locked door, sure they were not closed as the clock said 4:58pm
  • 30: minutes it took to drive to the other post office
  • 2: products I completely cut through on my quest to expedite packaging
  • 0: minutes in Kayden's nap
  • and finally- 10: feet I ran after my car. Nothing has scared me more than my car hurling in reverse up the neighbor's yard with Kayden strapped in and me not in it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not so much a fabulous day, I see! and oh my goodness, Kayden in a moving car w/out Mommy! I feel your frustrations, Jamie! I'm sorry you had a hectic day!

1,000: The number of tears I would've shed at the end of the day!

Katie said...

Sounds like you had a very rough day. I agree with nicole about the tears. Sounds like you need one of your cupcakes :)

Anonymous said...

At least your day wasn't boring.

Dana said...

They really laughed at you?

That's not the nice West Michigan that I remember.

MiniMe Mom said...

My normal post office is in Kentwood and they are really nice. This one was in Byron Center. I felt like an idiot already since Kayden had just fallen in the mud twice.

You are right, Brad. At least the day was interesting.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever try Caledonia's post office...off Cherry Valley?? Just for future reference...might be out of your way.

tami said...

Ouch, rough day.

MiniMe Mom said...

No, I have not tried that post office. Sounds wierd, but I love the people that work at Kentwood post office.

I put this same post on my business blog and a woman e-mail me today. The same thing happened to her friend and the car actually ran over her. She was hurt pretty bad so I feel blessed.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a day Jamie!
I had that last one happen to me too! Only difference, Ronnie was beind the wheel and pulled it into neutral..coasting into the neighbors house! (I only ran in the house to change April's diaper real quick!) Yep, that is a scarry one!
Joan

Sonny Huisman said...

3 - the number of glasses of wine I would have had after Kayden was in bed.

MiniMe Mom said...

That actually was the number of cupcakes I had. I eat my way out of stress.