Wednesday, January 10, 2007

16 again?

Today we celebrated my mom's birthday. Without taking too much blogosphere space, a couple of great things about my mom came to mind:
  • My sophomore year in high school we had huge water wars going on. My mom loaded up a cooler full of water ballons, got behind the wheel, and drove my friends and I around looking for targets. One guy was walking down Baldwin Street and started running like mad after our car. Almost caught us, too.
  • Praying with me when I lost Kayden's twin. Thanking God for letting us love this baby for as long as I carried him.
  • Every year getting to skip school to go shopping and lunching with mom for my birthday
  • Waiting 45 minutes weekly for me to finish with practice, then driving all my friends home
  • Staying an extra week after Kayden was born because I felt so lost and inept at being a mom.
  • Eagle's Nest donuts. I still love them.
  • Always believing in me, and always taking my side. Well, that has changed since I married Josh. Now she always takes his side, but I do not mind since it shows her great love for him.
  • Having constant and horrific ear pain, and yet never thinking of herself.

There are so many more, I could fill this whole page. Thanks Mom for showing me how to be a great mother, and how to raise my kid to love the Lord. Happy Birthday....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have an awesome mom too!

What's the ear pain from...yikes!
and, what were you practicing for?

MiniMe Mom said...

My mom has always had ear pain, even when she was a kid. Poor old mom is basically deaf, although hearing aids help her when they are not infected.

She has to have another ear surgery now too-selfishly, I hate that! It is such a painful and slow recovery.

Anonymous said...

Jamie, you made me cry, thank you for the kind words but I am the lucky one to have the pleasure of being your mom. I love you

Anonymous said...

I reconized your mom. I saw her last night at the game. If I knew she was your mom I would have gotten a lot of information about you. I should have known, it seems both of you were sitting on the floor! The "Over the Hill Gang" rocked!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to Mrs. MiniMe Mom!

Dana said...

Hi, MimiMe Mom...nice to meet you!

tami said...

What would we do without our moms?