Thursday, March 08, 2007

Low cut leotards

Yesterday I encountered sweating, panting, grunting, and a blue low-cut stretch shiny leotard. And that was just Tae Bo founder Billy Blanks.


Before I had Kayden, I was really in shape. I taught aerobics, and was very strict with my diet. I was even known to write down every calorie I ate in order to fit into that elusive size two pant. Now, I am not sure either of those words even exist in my daily life. Size Two? Maybe one leg.

Before kids: I headed all the way to Studio City to pay twelve dollars for a class at the famous Billy Blanks Tae Bo studio. Red carpet, a heater set to full blast, lots of skinny surgically enhanced women, and the man himself teaching what he had become famous for: Tae Bo. It was a craze back then, and I was a true believer in the body transformation results of Tae Bo.

Seven Years later: it has been three years since my last workout. We loaded into a small room in the corner of my parents church with a VHS of Tae Bo in the VCR. Lots of out of shape moms, huffing and puffing through the "beginner" work out.

It's a start.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Good for you Jamie! When are you going to start a Tae Bo class at good 'ol Cal CRC?

MiniMe Mom said...

I would actually be happy to teach aerobics at Cal CRC. I am just not sure if 1. there is any interest and 2. if I can still work out and talk. I am pretty out of shape:-) I will have to talk to Natalie Saturday.

Laurie said...

There is nothing like a good workout ... to remind you how out of shape you really are. :) Sounds like fun!

I just heard of a class in my area (that I acutally considered attending) until I read that they encourage lots of "free, expressive dance". To me "free dance" = "how dumb do I like right now shaking my thing that has had three babies!"

Sonny Huisman said...

Size 2? Honestly? I haven't been a size 2 EVER! Unless you count when I was 2-years old . . . I suppose I wore a size 2 then!

I embrace my 8-ness!

Katie said...

At least it is a full start. I bought a pilates DVD online after Nicholas was born. I did it for about 5 minutes and then he woke up - it hasn't been back in since. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Jamie! Watch out, Billy! Here comes MiniMe Mom!

Are we still on for Thursday? No leotards allowed. :)