Sunday, March 04, 2007

Better than a celebrity

When I used to be a visitor to Michigan instead of a resident, I always tagged along with my parents to their church-Chapel Point in Jenison. They recently built a beautiful new building, and this morning was the dedication service for the community to come in and have a tour.

The church and service was very lovely, but the thing I was most excited about was seeing someone better than a celebrity in my book- Uncle Charlie! He came in as a special guest for all of the younger age kids. I remember listening many of my childhood years to the Children's Bible Hour and grew up loving that program. I even wrote letters to Uncle Charlie and was thrilled when he wrote me back. In fact, I was more giddy seeing Uncle Charlie than meeting some nationally known celebrities.

He looked nothing like what I imagined. I always thought he would look like Tom Bosley (the dad on Happy Days). Anyone else grow up listening to Uncle Charlie?

7 comments:

Laurie said...

I have "blogger header envy".

MiniMe Mom said...

So easy to do! (just a little time consuming) Do you have publisher? That is where I created mine. Katie probably has better tips (possible a blog post??, ha ha).

Anonymous said...

Is that 2nd picture from the left Josh in pink pants?!?!?!?!? I'm not sure how team management may view that!

MiniMe Mom said...

LOL-That is me. Look at where Kayden is height wise---he barely comes up to Josh's knees. It is nice you think I look like a man with my hair pulled back, though. Makes my decision easy to keep it longer.

Laurie, BTW- my name is Jamie:-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jamie, the picture was kinda fuzzy. I supposed I should have compared size.

MiniMe Mom said...

No apologies needed!

Anonymous said...

Jamie, you actually beat my mom (Barbara O) in the quiz! You rock!