Monday, March 26, 2007

At my parents house, I know where everything is-- the stashes of candy my mom tries to hide from my dad, my old pair of slippers waiting in the laundry room bathroom for me to slip on my feet as I enter, my bright yellow fuzzy blanket I used as a child. There is a certain comfort for me in knowing that no matter how long between visits, it will always be familiar.

Tonight I was out to dinner with a friend who asked me what I thought about the Hancock Fabric store closing. I denied that it was even a possibility. Hancock is my home fabric store. Surely I would know if it was closing. Josh and I have run to that store so many times, I know it takes 22 minutes round trip if I throw my bulky roll of fabric over my shoulder and hustle to the cutting counter. No dawdling and looking through fabrics or trims- just a beeline knocking down anything in my path.

Will I be able to find the fabrics elsewhere? Probably. Mostly, I just hate change. I am used to that bulky fabric roll. I am familiar with the small brown crack on the corner of the cutting counter that I pick at while waiting for my cut.


"You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish." ~Author Unknown
So what happens if I do not like fish?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are your slippers still there in that special spot?

MiniMe Mom said...

Oh Yes, every time I go, unless my little brother steals them and wears them:-)

Katie said...

Thats cute that they keep them there for you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, lets ride together! What would be best? You coming my way or me coming your way?


That's awesome they keep them there!

I am quite indecisive about whether I like change or not...I guess it depends.

Triplet Mom said...

I can adapt to change pretty well, as long as my family is near by. Moving to a different state would be out of the question! See, you handle change fine... former Cali resident!

tami said...

I don't like change, but God likes to make me change. Go figure.

Sonny Huisman said...

Speaking of change . . . did you change your template? I can hardly read the words . . .

I love change! I embrace change! Change is good! Change means you're evolving, you're growing, you're thinking outside the box! It's empowering!

MiniMe Mom said...

Sonny, is it just my site- or everyones? I did not change the template, but I also have my text size set to medium?

Sonny Huisman said...

The white background is missing . . . it's just the type on top of the polka dots . . .

MiniMe Mom said...

I have no idea why the beige background is not showing. Have you tried to refresh or delete all temporary internet files?

It is not showing that on mine or my parents computer, but we have PC's so that might be it. Chelle or Stacey, you have MAC's- it is doing that for you as well?