Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's all Relative

I remember a couple of years ago, Josh and I went to a football game in California. It was pretty late in the year- possibly the end of November. Anyway, we were having unseasonably cold weather, so I took along my scarf, mittens, hat and gloves. As I sat in the stands with the other spectators, we kept griping and complaining to each other how cold it was- trying to scrunch together with the hopes of stealing body heat. Hot chocolate was $2 at that game, high by any standard. I think I bought three cups.

As we were exiting the stadium, I told Josh I was surprised that it was not snowing, to which he pointed up to a bank flashing the temperature. 62 degrees. I was a true Californian.

It's all relative, huh? Wasn't today a glorious day! 50 degrees, sun shining! We even took a walk, sans coat, with Kayden. He ran down the street jumping all the way. It is unreal how much extra energy and happiness the sun and warm weather bring to the Bird House.

Michigan Temperature Chart:::
60 above North Carolinians try to turn on the heat. People in Michigan plant gardens.
50 above Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Michigan sunbathe.
40 Above People in Michigan drive with the windows down.Italian & English cars won't start.
0 People in Miami all die... Michiganders lick the flagpole.
60 below Polar bears begin to evacuate the Artic. Michigan Boy Scouts postpone 'Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.
297 below Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products. Cows in Michigan complain about farmers with cold hands.
460 below ALL atomic motion stops. People in Michigan finally get out their winter coat
500 below Hell freezes over.The Lions win the Super Bowl!

3 comments:

Nise' said...

I love the Michigan Temperature Chart! Being born and bred it is so true! Today I was sitting on the deck soaking up the sun! I will have to email it to my family, all of them have left me here in iceland, I mean Michigan.

Anonymous said...

It felt so warm because it actually got to 70 yesterday - not just 50. Stacey even took the girls for a walk and when she got back Sophie was missing a sock. Tara found it later on her walk in a puddle.

Anonymous said...

We soooo enjoyed yesterday, as well. We even dug for worms and found plenty! The coats got too warm so we happily took those off. Oh yeah, and Austin fell full frontal in a mud puddle....pure devastation.