Friday, March 23, 2007

Blogger's Night Out, Part III

From left: MiniVan Mega Fun, MiniMe Mom, Me and My Boys, The Preacher's Wife, and Confessions in Caledonia

Every once in a while, I come across someone who outwardly cringes when I discuss blogging. By their own admission, they view them as a means of showing off how perfect ones life is (they obviously have not read mine). I see it very differently!
This group of women above would not be my friends without blogging. Perhaps our paths would have crossed somewhere in the future, but blogging has introduced some wonderfully warm and caring people into my life. In reading their blogs, I get a glimpse into their world, daily struggles, and hilarious stories. I am so grateful for these friends and the opportunity to talk about anything and everything for three hours once a month. I look forward to our next visit already!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Nursery: I love it and I hate it at the same time. I love getting to sit in church without distractions. No one tugging at my sleeve or asking "Mommy Carry You". I know Kayden is having fun with his "girlfriend" Joy. Unfortunately, germs run rampant. Fevers of 103 and the current little nugget picked up in nursery: pink eye.
Taken earlier this week in one of his favorite outfits (yes, observant blogger. It is his Halloween costume):

10 comments:

MiniMe Mom said...

Maybe next time Katie should take her camera, ha ha. That image is pretty grainy-sorry!

Katie said...

Thanks for inviting me - I'm so glad that I got to put real faces with the blogger titles :) It was fun!

Triplet Mom said...

Yeah, I wasn't invited.

Anonymous said...

An awesome time as always...Ashlyn asked me who I went to meet for coffee.."Did you meet Big Mama?" She got a bit mixed up with your blog name "MiniMe Mom".

Sonny Huisman said...

Yeah, I wasn't invited either . . . and in defense of the nursery . . . we have moms at church every week for over 2 hours scrubbing EVERY SINGLE TOY! We're doing the work, I promise!

MiniMe Mom said...

I know you are doing your part, Sonny. I have brought my sick kid to church, too. Josh had to teach, I had nursery. Green boogers and all, he came with me.

Sorry about the invites, girls. We will be better about it next time.

Laurie said...

Bloggers are cool. Enough said. (And I'm not grumping that I wasn't invited since we've never met. :)

Michelle said...

yes, it was a great time yet again. Apparently I am in trouble for not extending more invitations.

bloggers are cool people. We're good enough, smart enough, and dog gone it people like us.

Sonny Huisman said...

By the way, who is Confessions in Caledonia? I'm interested . . .

Bloggers are cool . . . I'd love to read one more!

By the way, I was just giving ya'll crap . . . my feelings weren't really hurt that I wasn't invited . . .

Triplet Mom said...

I wasn't hurt either. I just wanted to get out of the house! AHHHH!