Sunday, November 26, 2006

Blubbering Mess...

that is what I have been all day today. It started the minute I walked into church this morning. Many of you already know this, but for those that don't, let me fill you in.

Last year, Josh had a little boy in his class named Matthew Post. Through the year we got to know this extraordinary family that really loves the Lord. Matthew's mom, Theresa, is one of those people who has never met a stranger. Josh and I had just moved back, and were adjusting to life in MI, and she was always a familiar face. At church, she sought us out, and never made us feel like outsiders. She truly loves people, and loves God, and it shows.

So, on October 31st, when we found out her smallest child had leukemia, naturally all of us at school prayed long and hard for little Sam, Matthew's brother. I think all of us prayed without ceasing for that kid.

Saturday I was at Meijers when Josh called and told me the news that Sam had died. I opened my devotions last night and how fitting that I read:

If your dreams were buried as the lowered the casket, God speaks to you...

He speaks to all of us who have stood or will stand in the soft dirt near an open grave. And to us he gives this confidence: "I want you to know what happens to a Christian when he dies so that when it happens, you will not be full of sorrow, as those who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and then came back to life again, we can also believe that when Jesus returns, he will bring back with him all the Christians who have died."

I am struggling with this one. I can't imagine holding my child while he takes his last breathe. As Theresa would say- "Prayer Warriors"- I urge you to pray for this family and all the kids at DCS and everyone who knew him. There are many difficult days ahead...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi love, I read your blog to keep up on the growth of little Kayden. I am so sorry to hear about your little friend Sam passing. It doesn't seem fair. I will keep you in my thoughts. I love you and miss you.
Jillian

Michelle said...

Thanks, Jamie for the tribute to Sam and to Theresa. She is a true woman of God.
Praying with you and for Josh as he guides the tender hearts at DCS through this difficult time.

tami said...

I can't imagine the pain of a mother losing a child or the huge hole left in her heart. I will keep them in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

(fighting back tears) Well done.