Saturday, November 25, 2006

Beware, I smell a soapbox

Josh and I needed a quick lunch so I popped in Subway. We both got a footlong sandwich, not a meal deal, just the sandwich. Do you know how much that cost? $12.66! Am I out of touch here? Since when did two sandwiches at Subway cost over $12 dollars? I could not believe it. I used to work downtown GR about seven years ago and that same sandwich was $2.39. A 200% increase in seven years? Unbelievable. I wish Josh's salary increased 200%. They need a dollar menu for all of us Hollanders.

I found this while surfing though and thought it was funny:

5 comments:

MiniMe Mom said...

Well, Josh thought it was worht it. He loves Subway. I am more of a Quiznos girl:-)

Michelle said...

MMMMMM.....soap boxes. :)

tami said...

Happy belated birthday!! I am behind once again on the blogs. Thanksgiving came and then I did alot of shopping and decorating over the weekend. I am reading lots of suggested times for lunch and such. Let me know what we decide.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I do remember those lunches....You alway's had to remind them not to pull the sandwich across the counter!

joan

Anonymous said...

I agree with Josh. Subway is WAY better than Quizno's. I've been to the Q once and thought it was too much dry, toasted bread and not enough meat and nice soft bread.

Make sure Josh doesn't forget the big game Wed night.