Thursday, September 28, 2006

Send this to six people, or else..

Lately I have read a couple of really touching, beautiful stories that have come to me via e-mail. One was about this little girl who had a heart surgery and was touch and go for weeks and weeks. Long story short, she woke up from her coma, left the hospital and went home with her family. About a week later, it began to rain and she told her mom that rain smelled like what God smells like when she had laid her head on his chest during those weeks. I read this beautiful story and then at the end it says, " Send this message to five people, or your dog will die, your house will burn down, and you will be unlucky for eight years." Okay, not that exactly, but who actually writes such a touching message and then puts a crappy chain letter on the end? My friend Michelle says that blogs are all about soapboxes, so here it is. I hate chain letters!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yes, I remember my first chain letter as a child, I frantically wrote 6 copies and sent them out. I didn't want bad luck! Did I even know what luck was a that age? silliness.