Sunday, September 17, 2006

I spoke too soon


Ok, so just as I blogged yesterday about my biggest order to date, the Cheerleading Team contacted me and told me that all 60 are probably going to get embroidery work done. I am completely and totally overwhelmed by God's goodness. I cannot even believe it.

Let me backup-In late May, I decided that I was struggling to do the website, the two stores I was selling in, and the word of mouth orders plus work at Applebee's, so Josh and I decided that I quit Applebee's. The orders completely stopped. I was so slow in June and July that I went back out and started getting applications from restaurants. I am thrilled that I do not currently have to go back as I really enjoy setting my own hours and having my weekends off to spend with Josh. We might even catch a football game this friday, which has been a rare occurance for us.

I think back on the last year and a half and the theme is that God has had a much better plan for my life than I do. Josh and I worried for a year about getting a teaching job here in West Michigan knowing how tight the market is. We were coming to Michigan for another job interview (at a school Josh would have hated to teach at), and Dutton happened to call for an interview the same day we arrived. Josh had not even sent them a resume. He interviewed there and they called right after his interview to offer a contract. It is the closest we could get to RCS in West Michigan. I do not know if Josh will ever love any school as much as RCS, but Dutton comes close. The kids are amazing. Last year was supposed to be a really "HARD" class and it was one of the easiest classes Josh has had in the last ten years of teaching. Our house sold right away and we bought a house close to school that is perfect for our stage of life (and about twice the size for half the price). We are getting more involved in an awesome church and meeting lots of new people, who can't ever replace the great friends we have in Redlands, but are interesting and will hopefully become better friends over the years.

My time blogging is up. I have to go gladly hole myself in the basement for a couple of hours.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

jamie,
sooo happy that your business is prospering! God is good and isn't it neat to look back and see His guiding hand? I too look forward to becoming better friends.

MiniMe Mom said...

I do too. I have a lot of fun with your family and I am enjoying reading your blog as well!