Friday, September 15, 2006

Come Fly with Me....


Sorry about the long absence from the blogging scene. I flew back from Myrtle Beach today and Kayden was an angel (thank God!) I have felt guilty all day though for being an unpleasant traveler.

Let me bring you back to where it began. Since I started dating Josh 9 years ago, I have traveled over 150,000 miles. Three of my worst experiences include:

3. The eight hour flight to Frankfurt where the five year old behind me kicked my seat and screamed for 7 hours and 45 minutes of the flight.
2. The last flight I took as a resident of California- packed up the house and got dropped off at the airport only to learn I had a fifteen hour delay. I was taken to the mall to waste some time and then couldn't get an available taxi with a carseat to take us back to the airport. Spent $80 buying a unneeded carseat to catch my flight.
1. The very first time I flew solo with Kayden. Felt like I had to go to the bathroom on my layover, got fifteen minutes into the flight and puked hot pink vomit on about five rows of people. Spent the next two hours (while a stranger took care of Kayden) in the crewman's jump seat next to the bathroom getting real friendly with the toilet.

.....so, I absolutely HATE to travel. I hate the waiting. I hate the delays. I am always in a bad mood when I have to fly. My biggest pet peeve, however, is people that run late for check in and then make you wait for them to go ahead because they did not plan properly. This morning was no exception. My mom and I get in the car at 4 am to get to the airport on time. We stood in line for over an hour and right as we are next in line a woman rushed to the front informing us that her flight leaves in twenty minutes and can she go ahead? Here's the guilty part. I told her No, and if she would have planned ahead and got to the airport on time she wouldn't have to cut off all the other passengers to make her flight. As I was going through the security checkpoint I started to get that little turning feeling right in my gut, knowing that this is not what a Christian example looks like. The part that really bothers me is that I have been praying a lot lately that God would show me ways to share my faith in small ways with others and I know I missed an opportunity. If you are out there lady, I am sorry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that story about you flying with Kayden, what a nightmare! We all have our days where we have had it, so don't get too down. I will e-mail you soon. Kerri