Thursday, April 02, 2009

This warms my heart.




The basket is full of colored eggs, each representing a different part of the Crucifixion and Resurrection of Christ.

I had to rotate it because I filmed it sideways, so I apologize for the screen size. If you view full screen, you can see it better.




My Easter Basket, by Mary Simon

The colors in this basket
Are my own special way
For me to tell the story
of that first Easter day

The green inside my basket
Is like the palms that lay
Upon the ground for Jesus
For his parade one day

The purple in my basket
Reminds me of the time
That Jesus shared with his friends
A meal of bread and wine

The red inside my basket
Reminds me it is true
That Jesus loves us so much
He dies for me and you

The brown inside my basket
As dark as in a cave
Reminds me of the sad place
That was our Jesus grave

The white inside my basket
Is like the angel bright
Who gladly said "He's Risen"!
Our Jesus is all right

The yellow in my basket
That matches the bright sun
Reminds me of that Easter
and what God has done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great way to remember the story of Easter, Kayden's voice is so sweet, just hearing it come from his little memory is priceless.

Love, Mom