Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Sometimes I feel like Easter is a "marker" day. It is a specific date in which I can look back in time, and remember exactly what I was doing during previous years.

Two years ago, we were struggling with infertility, and it was one of the lowest points of my life.

Last year I was awaiting the birth of Bryce, excited and yet nervous.

Have I told you Bryce is around 25 pounds?

I have a point, I promise.

When Bryce was born, he weighed in at a whopping 9 pounds. The first few days of carrying him around, my muscles in my arms hurt. They were just not used to carry something constantly, since Kayden was past the age where he needed to be carried.

After the first few days, only rarely did they hurt. Usually just if I had held Bryce for long spurts of time, like when we went to the zoo or I talked too long in the foyer after church.

Now Bryce is 25 pounds, and since his growth has been gradual, the addition of more weight over time is not so shocking. If you tried to hold him for even half the time, your arms would probably ache.

It has been the same with balancing adding another kid and managing my business.

Last year, my mom and dad watched Kayden while we were at the hospital. In anticipation of us coming home, they decorated the outside porch with an "It's a Boy" banner. I walked through the front door, saw my mom, and burst into tears.

All as the video camera was rolling. It's a memory, that's for sure.

It was SO overwhelming to think about bringing a baby into the chaos of my business. I wondered how I would ever manage to have time for either. I was working 40-50 hours a week at the time, and did not know how I ever was going to juggle both.

Of course, it could just be the addition of Chelle. My most favorite employee, who helps with the never ending bag and tag. It is nice to have a helper.

It amazing to me how things adjust and everything works. Trying to see it as a whole was completely stiffling when Bryce was born, but as it has gradually adjusted and changed, it works out.

Here are a few of my favorites from this last year:









1 comment:

Michelle said...

happy easter to you too.
thanks for the shout out, i hope that my very small contribution lightens the load, i enjoy the work tremendously. thank you.

:)