Monday, April 27, 2009

Bank Deposit

I inserted the check into the deposit envelope and went to place it in to the bank deposit slot.
Onto the rainy ground it went, with my check inside it.

A car was pulling up as I opened my door, just to realize that I did not pull far enough away from the wall to actually open my door.

I hear the whining of the ATM trying to pull in the deposit, and see the screen blinking with "Do You Need More time?"

Lodging myself sideways and stretching as far as my arms could go, I struggled to reach the envelope. With the car behind me, there was no way for me to back up, grab the envelope, then pull forward.

I wiggled and wiggled until I could reach the ground, firmly lodging my butt in the door.

Stuck.

Flopping like a fish.

I put the deposit slip and my pride on the passenger seat, and started towards home.

Day One of Summer Dieting starts tomorrow.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

well, you sure have got yourself into some sticky situations lately!

don't start your diet until after tomorrow, we need to have a that piece of chocolate after our lunch break!

Laurie said...

LOL