Monday, April 30, 2012

My list of lost items changes over time.

Like the time I lost my wallet. It became priority one. I searched high and low for a week, until it was found in a bag of onesies.

Other things go missing, but are discovered quickly thereafter. Usually within a day or two, said item shows up tucked in a corner or was set on a shelf before forgotten about.

There are three items that I am looking for lately, and I still cannot find them. Either Bryce has taken off with them, or I stashed them "in a safe place" so that Bryce wouldn't take off with them.


In no particular order:

My Silpada ring.
Thankfully, it holds no sentimental value. But: 1.) I like it and
2.) it has since been retired and can no longer be purchased.


This Lamaze Bug.
Both of my boys adored it. He traveled thousands and thousands of miles with Kayden and I, as we came to Michigan for visits. Bryce loved on it for hours at a time. I always called it the "crack" bug because my kids were enamored by it. 
About six months before we got pregnant, I went through and purged all baby toys. I distinctly remember separating this one, just in case.

My Debit Card
This one should bug me more than it does. I know the exact date it went missing. I know who took it. I just keep hoping it shows up. At some point, I am going to have to go to the bank and get one reissued....but it is so much more fun to bother Josh for his card :-) Reminds him how irresponsible I am, right?

As I pass a bag that hasn't been used in a while, I tear through the pockets. Bottoms of closets have been unloaded. Drawers, nooks, crannies, under the seat in both cars, tubs of old clothing, behind dressers, under the train table, behind the playhouse (where 90% of lost items are found).....so many areas of our house, long since untouched, have been searched.

Nada.

So, what about you? Any items that are on your "forever lost" list?

5 comments:

Jamie Covey said...

I think I just saw that Lamaze Bug at BuyBuyBaby yesterday, if you wanted to buy another :) my most wanted lost thing at the moment, my mind/memory! They aren't joking about preggo brain... ;)

Unknown said...

Sunglasses are always on my forever lost list...that's why at sometimes I have 10 pairs and other times I have none.

Hope you find your lost items soon. :)

krista said...

Yes...and it will bother me forever. We lost one of our handsets for our home phone. WEIRD. I was 100% convinced we would find it when we moved..but we have moved twice since it was lost and never found. How do you lose a cordless phone??
Oh and there's a shirt I lost like 5 years ago that I can't seem to get over. Not that I would even wear it (or it would fit me) anymore...but it bothers me that I wore it once..have a picture of me in it (on vacation) and then it vanished. We were on a cruise and I must have left it in our cabin when we left. Makes me wonder what else I left behind :)

natalie said...

our tv remote is ALWAYS missing!

Hope you find your stuff soon...especially the debit card :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait until Mason walks off and hides stuff =)