Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ephesians 3:20

0%.

Against all odds.

Never going to happen, kiddo.



Now to him



who is able



to do immeasurably more



than all we ask or imagine







One year ago, I was lying in bed.


Feeling Tessa kick, not knowing if it was the last.


Listening to the thump-thump of her heartbeat, wondering how I would find the strength to make it through the next 24 weeks.

Crying, not quite understanding how to explain death to my kids when she was so very much alive to me.


Waking up every morning, having to realize over and over again that it wasn't all a bad dream.




On this one year anniversary of sorts, I thought it a might fine night to celebrate, eat a little Smashburger, and give my mom a gift to say "thank you".


So, I printed out Tessa's blog.

Not until it arrived did I realize what 263 pages looked like.

It's thick:-)



So many verses come to mind, but the verse I put on Tessa's first doll is still a special one to me.


"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

It encompassed this last year as God held my hand, showed me His faithfulness, and blessed me in a way I never imagined.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the book (Blog) it is something I treasure, thank you for such a wonderful gift. Love being able to go out together with all of you it was a long winter but well worth the wait!

Love you, Mom

Rachaelb said...

Jamie, your story and testimony still amaze me to this day. I can't wait to watch her grow!

Michelle said...

Testify!!

See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.
Song of Solomon 2:11-12 NIV

I heard this verse read aloud last month and thought it was packed with truths!

Praising the One who continued to fill you with hope against all odds!

Praising Him today that the spring (both literal and metaphorical) has come!