Saturday, May 01, 2010

Very Hard Work

I try really hard not to work when I am at home with my kids. For one thing, I am interrupted so much it is hardly worth it to even start.
Every so often, though, I have to sew something in the middle of the day for an afternoon mailing. Because Bryce wants to sit on my lap and play with thread and machine knobs, I often save it for when he takes a nap.

Kayden has a basketball hoop downstairs next to my sewing space, and loves to shoot baskets while I sew. Ever few points, he will peek his head around the door frame.

"Mom, why are you sewing?", he asks.

"So that I can buy you more cars." I answered that way once on a whim a year ago, and now we have to repeat it every.time.

"Are you working hard?", he responds.

"Yup, really hard, bud", I reply.

-------------------------------------

Friday was bike day. All of the little preschoolers take their bikes to school and ride them around the parking lot. There are a variety of different stations they can go to for a bike wash, or to decorate their bike.

As I arrived to pick him up and as he climbed into his car seat, sighed and said, "Mom, I worked so hard today riding my bike. You would be really proud of how hard I worked."

Oh, to be five and have the "work" of riding your bike.
More Hard Work, Grandparents Day:
with Grandpa and Grandma Birdy

With Grandma Van

Singing to God.

Ho-Ho-Ho-Hosanna

getting lower....

and let's not forget the hard work of playing outside on the playground.

No comments: