Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Greetings from MYR















I was incredibly nervous to fly with the boys.

I have had one too many (okay, two too many) flights in which I was ill.

I flew for years back and forth from California and never got nervous, but I was all shook up Monday morning in anticipation. Not having my mom with me, I just wondered what I would do if I got sick. Bryce would never sit in his seat alone.

We got through checkout and onto the plane just fine.

Kayden was situated by the window, I was in the middle, and Brycer aisle seat. Bryce was a tad frightened, so immediately he decided to sit on my lap.

The overhead compartments were full, so an older lady stepped into Bryce's {empty} seat to see if there was room in our compartment. She happened to have a ginormous Meijers bag full of goods, which kept hitting me in the head without her realizing it.

I don't normally get claustrophobic, but with the big bag in my face, Bryce on my lap, and Kayden jumping all over me, all the sudden I couldn't breathe. I could feel my chest tightening, and the dread of being ill with nowhere to go.

I started praying. I closed my eyes and forced myself to calm down, and both the nausea and lightheaded feelings cleared. Thank God!

The rest of the flight was great- the boys did awesome. I even got a short nap from Bryce. I was so thankful when the wheels touched down. Relief. We had made it.

It is nice not having anything on the schedule. We have been shopping a few times, to the pool quite a bit, and today looks like a good beach day.

The only thing missing is Josh. I really wish he was here, too!:-)

2 comments:

Kami/The Elegant Elle said...

Looks like you're having a blast! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Jamie....Looks like you are having a great time. Glad you over came your anxiety...Have fun!

joan