Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Straw

I did okay during the last field trip.

The final letter arrived in the backpack without a second glance.

His last visit with Lansing passed by, almost unnoticed.

'Nare a hesistation during the final drop off this morning.

and then Kayden shoved this in my hands during pickup.

A picture of him with his two teachers. A happy, innocent, precocious preschooler.

It will never be the same, and this picture was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I see myself years from now, longing for these simple times. Holding this picture and remembering my goofy little boy, so happy with his two teachers.

I am sad.

Not ready for him to grow up, and kindergarden feels so, well, grown up!

5 comments:

Sonny Huisman said...

I feel the same way . . . my BABY is going to Kindergarten next year! The pictures Soni and Sally put together were adorable! I sure love those ladies and am so thankful for the love and encouragement they give our beautiful kids! I think they love them almost as much as we do!

Jen C said...

Oh Jamie, we'll have to hold each other. I'm going through it too. WAAAaah! Our baby boys are growing up.

MiniMe Mom said...

I was so sad this afternoon. I just cannot believe how fast this year has gone. I am just not ready for him to grow up and this feel so monumental to me. WAHHH!

JULIAN & Co. said...

awww i feel for you. lovebug starts kindergarten in aug. too :o(.
so well written.

Michelle said...

I had a hard time handing Alli her backpack yesterday morning. It felt like just yesterday that I got it all ready for her first day of school. What an awesome year, incredible teachers, and precious memories with the picture. They are awesome. Now, to make it through the first drop off to kindergarten this fall. That's when I lost it with Emma.