Sunday, June 06, 2010

When the Thunder Rolls...

I am not sure I have ever had a weekend like this.

Amber's bridal party shower was planned first for Friday, and then we planned my in-laws 40th wedding anniversary party for Saturday. We generally clean every weekend. However, I only get out the rubber gloves and deep clean if company is coming. You know: wipe down every cupboard, get the spaghetti off the microwave ceiling, clean the dust off the heater grates.

Might as well do both parties when it is sparkling clean, right?


Thursday was to be my cleaning day, but unfortunately started with a trip to the ER. I was getting breakfast for the boys when Kayden accidentally slammed Brycer's hand in the slider door.


This is from today- it is still really swollen, but looks better!


Anyway, in the midst of all this planning, Josh signed up for Master's classes. Between other wedding events and our trip to Tennessee later this summer, the only class that worked was this weekend- Friday night and Saturday day.


As I was trying to prepare food on Friday night, the kids were tornados. Perhaps it was from excitement, maybe it was the cupcakes tempting them on the counter. They would not settle down. I called Grandpa 911 and my dad came to take them so my mom and I could finish preparations. Bryce got a half block away and would not stop crying... so back he came.


Pouring down rain moved both events indoors.

Adding to this weekend was the Pregnancy and Newborn June Issue mentioning the tie onesies. I am so thankful for it, but it has possibly been my busiest weekend ever with work (minus the good ole Target days:-)


They were very fun parties, and I am thrilled that I had a full weekend visiting friends and family. With a refrigerator full of desserts and still-clean house (hallelujah!), we are all ready for school to be finished and daddy-o home full-time!

No comments: