Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What better day than today

The big summer project entailed cleaning out our storage/crawl space, and try to purge a few things. Boxes kept piling up over the school year, and the unorganization was fully realized when I could not find Kayden's hand-me-down 2T clothing.

Each weekend would pass with the thought of looking for that box, 'til finally school was out and it was put on the 2010 Summer To Do list.

However, 15 gallons of water in our crawl space made today the day.

We lugged out all of the boxes, and I had every intent of just searching for size 2-3T and putting the rest of them back.

I don't know what it is, but I love looking through old clothing. I sit and cherish the teeny tiny shoes and unfold the newborn blankets. Each outfit brings a picture to mind of what was happening when they were wearing it.

The blue velvet outfit Kayden wore when he first met Grandma and Grandpa Birdy.

The striped outfit from Katie that Bryce wore on Mother's Day.

What Kayden wore when my dad first met him at Ontario airport.

The initial set of matching outfits.....Kayden's first Christmas sweater....their first swimsuit with matching coverup....the list goes on and on.

My absolute favorite box is the newborn box.

Specifically these:

Coming home outfits.

Short, short lived stage. Oh, how I miss it.

No comments: