Sunday, June 27, 2010

Even in Gatlinburg...



there isn't a vacation from fighting.

We arrived three days ago, to the warmest weather I have been in a while. 90-95 degrees during the day is the norm. The pool has been our constant companion.
Things I have already learned in TN:
  • Dentist visits are not mandatory. Lots of missing teeth in these parts.
  • A ginormous confederate flag tattoo is pretty popular, as evidenced by the bareback men walking down the street.
  • It is possible for me to take a week off. Most vacations I take are "working vacations", and this week I have really tried to stay away from e-mail. It has been nice!
  • Bedtime for the Van Clan is 10 pm- crazy, huh?
  • There is so much to do here. If you have never been to Gatlinburg, I would highly recommend it. We have mined for gems, riden go-carts on three story tracks, taken the trolley around town, slid down the side of the mountain on the dry luge.
  • We have planned: Ripley's aquarium, more mini-golf, horseback riding, black bear viewing, hiking, and a few dinner- shows.
  • Josh and my dad have a great relationship, and I cherish that.

All in all, we are having a great time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys are having a great time!!! I'm enjoying your pictures on facebook. :)

Anonymous said...

Look's like you are having a great time!

Joan

Sherri Vanderkooy said...

Don't judge all of us Tennessians by her comments. I still have my teeth & do visit the dentist. No on in my family has tattoo's. Tennessee is a GREAT place to live!!!