Saturday, September 29, 2007

Mall of America

When I first drove up, I must admit that I was not impressed. From the exterior, it really did not look that big.


I pulled into an empty spot in the five story parking structure, and prepared for disappointment. Even when I walked in, it looked like a five story version of Rivertown mall. Not what I was expecting, to say the least.


Once I started walking, I realized the true vastness of the Mall of America. I had about four hours to shop, and I never made it off the second level. My one regret? I forgot to bring a pair of tennis shoes.


Other tidbits from my trip to Minnesota- I paid $27 for parking downtown (terribly hard for this dutch girl), seeing Josh's aunt and uncle who so generously let me stay with them plus took me out to dinner to boot, driving around for 40 minutes trying to find a gas station to fill up my rental car to no avail. $7 a gallon is the going rate, and I have to now pay it (harder still for the dutch girl in me).


Any one else ever been to Mall of America?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You see one mall you've seen them all. Not the case with a Cabela's store though!

Anonymous said...

I've never been there...but another really great place to go that's sorta close is the Howell outlet stores...They've got it all...minus gymboree.

One year, I got Ashlyn a pink fur coat from childrens place for $5!!! It was reg. priced at $40!

Michelle said...

Braaaaad, I can verify that all Cabela's are the same. I have been to 2 of them. Remember Nebraska?

tami said...

I have been to the Mall of America. The other levels have some of the same stores as the second, so have no fear .

MiniMe Mom said...

I think I need to go to Howells...I love the Children's Place outlet. We had one in CA, and I got many sets of clothes for $2. It is awesome!

Unknown said...

Any one up for a group trip to Tangor Outlets in Howell???? I would love to go again.

Jamie, btw you've been tagged...see my blog. ;o)

Triplet Mom said...

Ooo! I'll go shopping!

$7 for gas? People around here better stop complaining!