Friday, September 14, 2007

Waiting to Exhale

I knew the day would come eventually, I just did not think it would be so soon.

I have struggled against the idea for some time, knowing that once I "crossed over", there would be no going back for quite some time.

So, while sitting at Josh's basketball game yesterday, I knew the time had come. I felt a little like Chris Farley in the "big guy, little jacket" bit, where the suit-coat jacket rips up the back as he is obviously too large for it.

I am now officially in maternity jeans...and it stinks.

Although, they are far more comfortable as I can now exhale.

10 comments:

Katie said...

I know the feeling - we just hauled "the box" up from the basement last weekend!

Michelle said...

oh man, I don't want to admit that I am 6 weeks behind katie and am almost to this dreadful day. Maternity clothes at 9 weeks? what? It can't be all the mass consumption of food could it?

MiniMe Mom said...

Chelle, I am not that far off from you- maternity jeans at 11 weeks? Yikes! I am just thinking to myself- thirty more weeks of these same jeans....I better get a few more pairs.

Anonymous said...

....and I bet you look super cute with that baby bump!

We need get our boys together some time and have some chit-chat! What are you doing this week?

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Josh is playing basketball? Sweet, he will need to be in top shape this fall because I tweeked my knee a little. I will not be able to totally carry the team this year he needs to help out. I seem to have some kind of "baby bump" my self.

MiniMe Mom said...

fig, you always make me laugh.

mary, you should talk.

nicole, I would love to- children's museum? playland at McDs? Bright Beginnings? e-mailing you now...

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

jamie, Goto Stacey's blog and then click on Tara's blog. she had a post about this belly band thingy. What do you think?