Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I realized today that this is the last six months it will be just him and I. Even typing it gets me choked up. We've been best buddies for three years...and there is just something about a little boy and his mom....

We have filled our days with all sorts of fun things- the children's museum, playgroups at the local school, library days, walks to the playground...and part of me is wondering if I am making this upcoming transition harder by spending so much time with him?

Not that I would quit doing it because we both enjoy it so much.... but I just wonder.

2 comments:

Sonny Huisman said...

I remember feeling the same way when I was pregnant for Bella. You just have so much love for your first born that you wonder if you could ever love the second one as much.

I'm here to tell you that your love just seems to double . . . and you have equal amounts for both babies!

Keep spending that great quality time with Kayden - you'll never regret it!

Nicole said...

Ditto! I felt the same way! I remember several times where I would bawl my eyes out, b/c I thought Ashlyn was getting the short end of the stick....I had to keep reminding myself that for the most part, we all have siblings and no one gets THAT much attention...we all still turned out ok, still love our parents and are that much better for having a sibling.