Saturday, October 06, 2007

Tag. I'm it.

It is hard to come up with things I have not already shared, but here goes....

My middle name is Lynn, so it shouldn't be too hard, right?

L is for Lack of discipline. Let's start with chocolate. I cannot eat just one cupcake. Oh no, I need to eat two. Kayden gets away with more than he should, too.

Y is for QuirkY. I never even my gas off to a round number. I prefer it to be $21.36 or something equally as random. Same thing with restaurant bills- the odder the number, the better. No rounding for me.

N is for iNsecure- especially when it comes to conversation. I am always second guessing myself and replaying entire conversations in my mind, picking apart/second guessing everything I said to make sure I did not say something stupid.

N is for NEED. One of the lowest points this past year was Easter for me. I remember standing in my shower getting ready for church, and I could not stop crying. My relationship with God was, in a word, bitter. I was so angry for the longing I had for a child, and the lack of it happening. Of course, if I could see into the future, it would have been easy. At the time, though, the desperation and hopelessness starting sinking in, and I was angry and feeling sorry for myself. I needed someone to take the burden, and eventually surrendered it. Thankfully, we have God who loves us as much as He does, is willing to forgive my selfishness, and still desires a relationship with me even when I am being a turd.

I cannot think of who already has been tagged, so you are off the hook this time...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am ashamed

Laurie said...

Hey - this was some honest sharing for a tag! I too am often a turd.

Anonymous said...

Austin just saw the ultrasound picture on your blog....He said, "Mama! Go back! I wanna see that picture of the brain!"

i can relate to your lack of discipline...WHo eats "just one" cookie or cupcake???

Michelle said...

you are almost a celebrity

Jamie Lynn Spears ring a bell??

Janna said...

It was nice to sit and chat with you a bit a MOPS this week. I thought I should come out of my "lurking" and actually post something on your blog. :) I am right there with you on the lack of discipline with chocolate. I don't have a problem with cupcakes...but cookies are another matter!

Jen C said...

I do the same thing with conversations. This is why I like email. I can write what I want to say then "edit" it to filter what I mean to say.

I only wish I had a filter for when I speak to someone. That or a professional writer to write all my dialogues.