Monday, October 22, 2007

Burning Ring of Fire

I know you have heard of a snow day, but have you ever heard of a poor air quality day?

Three school days in 2003 were cancelled due to poor air quality. The fires were about twenty-thirty minutes from our apartment. The wind was not nearly as strong, so there was less chance of embers spreading quickly. Still, people all around us were wetting down their roofs, and getting ready to leave at a moments notice. We had nothing but crap in our apartment, so I was not as concerned as I would have been had I owned a home.

I remember climbing up on Applebee's roof and just watching the orange blaze lighting up the hills...it might even be described as pretty how it lit up the night and was so visable for miles and miles.

Maybe we need to send my mom and dad on a camping trip to Lake Arrowhead...

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm sure you are aware that the term "ring of fire" is used in childbirth. And if you're not, sorry to remind you of what awaits you in a few months. :)

On a completely less gross note,
happy birthday to your little man.

MiniMe Mom said...

It always comes to mind because that is Kayden's favorite song.

Michelle said...

Ring of fire. A truer statement hath never been made.

great, now I can't stop singing the song, or thinking about labor.