Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I give up!!


For the last eight years, I have prided myself on getting my Christmas cards out early. They have gone out December 1st, and not a minute later. We are getting to the middle of December, and I have yet to even think about Christmas cards. As a matter of fact, the thank you cards for my birthday gifts are sitting on my desk waiting for stamps. So, I came to the conclusion today that I am not doing Christmas cards this year. Sorry, folks. May this serve as your card. Merry Christmas, from the Birds

As a side note, does it seem like this year is busier? Do any of you fill your plate with so much that it is not even enjoyable? Why do we do that?

7 comments:

tami said...

I am picking my cards up tonight from Target we just took the picture on Tuesday night. If it makes you feel any better I never send mine out until the middle of December. I have really tried to stay focused this year also and not worry so much about the little things.

Michelle said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. I think you are so busy this year because of one crazy, pink loving customer that can't make up her little mind :) Merry Christmas Bloggers! (I might not get my cards out either!!)

Anonymous said...

Here is a suggestion from one who has never sent a card out in his life. 1st - Buy you cards at Professional Pharmacy. They are Dayspring cards at 25% off. B.- Wait until after Christmas when they will be 50% off and send them out then. Everyone will be please to get a late card and yours will be special. 4th - Buy your cards after Christmas make them out and save them for next year, then you will be ready to send them out right after Halloween before anyone else. Everyone will be impressed. D.- Just wish eveyone a Merry Christmas in person or on the blog. "MERRY CHRISTMAS"

Anonymous said...

You gotta fix the time. There is NO WAY Fig was up at 6:51 unless he is going in the woods!

tami said...

I believe that Fig buys his candy from the vendors the same way. Don't buy anything edible from Professional Pharmacy.

MiniMe Mom said...

I heard you got a little sick from a bag of Professional Pharm. candy. The dollar store candy is the same way

Anonymous said...

I remember getting sick from a batch of cookies that someone sent to the pharmacy. Do you remember that one Tami? They made a certain bag of candy corn look pretty good.