Monday, December 18, 2006

Go Left


Did Derek Zoolander come up with the road mapping for Michigan? Is that why Michiganders do not know how to turn left?

For my Californians, a Michigan U-Turn involves a no left turn at almost every major intersection. You must drive through the light in the left hand lane, turn around at another stop light aout 100 feet down the road, and double back just to take a right. Sound confusing?

I detest Michigan U-Turns. Every time I turn around, where I used to be able to turn left has become a U-Turn. I secretly think OPEC is behind it. Add up all those extra miles over the years. After all, if it was such a great idea, wouldn't all these larger cities adopt it?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're thinking of getting a Round-a-Bout. We don't want Cabela's though (because we are idiots!)

Anonymous said...

It's because the engineers at MDOT went to the Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too

Anonymous said...

Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.

Anonymous said...

That Hansel is so hot right now.

MiniMe Mom said...

Gotta love Derek Zoolander

tami said...

Ever since we moved back from Colorado ( 7 years now), Rob also detests Michigan u-turns and expresses himself on the subject frequently.

Anonymous said...

I'm not an ambi-turner

MiniMe Mom said...

this is my brothers favorite movie so I have watched it probably at least ten times. I love Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller. Add Will Farrell and you got yourself a hit.

Anonymous said...

[high-pitched cough] ... I think I'm getting the Black Lung, Pop. It's not very well ventilated down there.

Anonymous said...

A eugoogalizor, one who speaks at funerals. Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

Anonymous said...

Yes, Nicole, you are the only person who hasn't seen that movie. It is SWEET!

Don't forget Vince Vaughn as Luke Zoolander one of his coal mining brothers!