Monday, October 04, 2010

Priceless.

Josh is on a road trip, purchasing something that I can honestly not put a price on.

He has to go two separate places to fulfill the order.

It is a specialized thing, you see.

I searched in earnest all afternoon online, just in case there were any Internet companies that had it available for purchase.

I feel awful I waited so long to act on it.

My son certainly shouldn't have had to endure a month without it.



Parasite Medicine.



Giardia has hit the Bird family full force this past month. On top of all the back to school activities and busyness this time of year brings, we have had a never ending stream of bathroom breaks.

Kayden started with it the first full day of school, and it just kept rolling through Bryce then Josh and now me.

It has been so long since we have been normal, I honestly don't remember a time when Bryce didn't need to be changed 7 or 10 times a day.

Josh had it this past weekend, and lasted for two days.

I am sitting at a week and a half, but mine is getting worse by the day.

I am so thankful, almost giddy to be honest, that my husband is rounding up the Flagyl so we can be on our merry way to recovery.


In the meantime, I am seriously reconsidering this post. I might just have to go back to my original sentiment that camping deserves to be loathed. Even in the most beautiful motor home ever created.

After tonight's purchases, we have officially spent more on Flagyl than we did an entire weekend camping.

But honestly, I am just so happy relief is coming! And soon! Yipppee!

5 comments:

I'm Angie. said...

you poor people! get that bugger out of you! bring on the drugs!

S.I.F. said...

This just sounds awful! You flush that nastiness out mama! Not cool at all!!

Jen C said...

Oh Jamie! What a crap thing to happen to you guys. I hope you're all better very very soon. It's amazing how something so small can make you feel so freakin' awful.

Unknown said...

OH Jamie, how horrible that your whole family got sick...hope you start feeling better and get back to normal very quickly.

natalie said...

i hope the medicine is working its magic and you are feeling a bit better!

oh, and you can't give up on camping yet! LOL :)