Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Costume Suggestion


I love Halloween.

Considering I hate the color orange, it really is surprising.

Plotting which costumes my kids are going to wear starts before the leaves change hue.

Giving birth to Kayden on October 21st only cemented my happiness when the calendar flips to fall.

In truth, I love it because it represents the start of the holidays. Living in California for the first part of our married life, I cherished being with family around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Halloween was the start. Once pumpkins started appearing, I knew I would be flying back to MI to see my family soon. Usually Twice.


Our church has a family themed costume contest at the Halloween Hullabaloo. Winner gets to chose a basket of goodies. Last year, the coveted Snuggie was among raffle prizes.


Any hopes for winning two years in a row were dashed when Kayden foiled my Family Flintstones theme, stating he would rather be a shark than Dino the dinosaur.


How about a Harlem Globetrotter? Nope.


A hot air balloon? Nope.


PacMan? Nope. Mom, I just want to be a shark this year.


Well, do you want to win or do you want to be a shark?


Kidding. I only mustered that internally.


Or maybe externally once.


Sunday, we headed out to Party City to purchase his Scooby Do birthday party invitations. As I was picking out the Number 6 candle, Kayden said excitedly, "I think you should wear this for Halloween!"


"See, Mom! It has a big pumpkin on it!" he said in condolence.




I am sure this is just the ticket for winning the church contest.


The question is, how will I walk in those heels?

3 comments:

Sarah Schenkel said...

Hahaha! You could totally pull that off! Sounds like things are great in Birdland.

Anonymous said...

I dare you to wear that!

Kami/The Elegant Elle said...

Omg! Im dying over here!!!!