Thursday, October 14, 2010

Unexpected

It all started Tuesday.

My little brother and his wife spent Monday night searching used car lots, looking for a good deal. They found a ton of Mini Vans, but Cash for Clunkers has effectively wiped out the used car market.

I had been driving Jan's Mini Van while they were out of town. The added space is undeniably nice. I remember taking Kayden and a friend to the children's museum, and how it took twenty minutes to strap his car seat between my two. Bryce has gotten so big, he cannot fit in between the front passenger seat and his car seat. In order to get him in, I have to fold him in half and carefully hoist between the two seats.

Since there was a plethora of minivans on the lot, my mom suggested selling my brother the Santa Fe and trading to a Mom Ride. Our biggest concern was price. After paying five years and finally receiving that pink title in the mail this summer, I did not want to add a monthly car payment.

Lot after lot was searched, only to find salesman more concerned with showing me the shopping cart hooks or kid viewing mirrors than discuss engine maintenance.

Finally, it was between 2. Josh took a peek at the Red Mom Ride (he did not like the body style of that one), and said NO immediately.

Can you tell we have a thing for the color gray?


my first ride


my "new" ride- a 2003 Chevy Venture

I have joined the clan. If you see me at school, give me the special two horn salute to welcome me to the group.

Oh, and cleaning five years worth of goldfish crackers and french fries out of my Santa Fe was no joke!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha! I wondered what this was all about, when I saw that Jan had uploaded this pic to FB. :)

The Chevy Venture is where it's at!! Except the really cool people have red ones!!

oh, It's no Escalade, (sorry Josh) but friend, you have arrived.

<3

Kami/The Elegant Elle said...

Ooooo, you must not have had a friend go with you to look at cars - friends don't let friends buy minivans! ;-)

I will never give in to the "mom ride" bwahaha....

But I bet the extra space IS nice....

MiniMe Mom said...

LOL- I only realized it was the same as your Van this morning when you were behind me. I did not know the world of MiniVans, to be honest.

Just to clarify- Josh likes red, he just did not like the van style of the red one. It was a different manufacturer.

Now if I can get the DVD system to work, we will be golden:-)

MiniMe Mom said...

Kami, you crack me up.

We are hoping *fingers crossed* to have another baby in the next year or so. It was the perfect opportunity to trade, so we are happy.

Hold out as long as possible, baby!

I'm Angie. said...

friend, you made a good choice. sadly, but true - i worship the ground my odyssey drives on. enjoy!

Simply Lovely Gifts said...

Jamie you always crack me up! BUt seriously, pretty soon you'll be wondering what took you so long. Esp if another child is in the cards - with my 3 I could NOT have any other car. It's just soooo practical (and you'll love it for carpooling too!) Enjoy!!! Leslie

Triplet Mom said...

Oh my word! We are twinners! I have one exactly like it, only with a dent in the front corner from people leaning on it in the garage. :) Welcome to the not so cool club :)