Monday, October 18, 2010

Get Your Cotton Candy!

I am about to say something profound, that you probably have never heard:

Josh hates to be touched.

Some guys are "huggers", some favor a strong handshake, perhaps even a hardy pat on the back. Josh likes none of the above.


So the fact that he has been checked three times for lice this week is hilarious. Envisioning two moms picking through his hairline as he hunches over in protest gives me a chuckle.

I bet you are scratching your head at this exact moment, huh?

5 fourth graders have come down with the creepy crawlers. I dare say it is an epidemic.




The annual tradition for Kayden's birthday is that we bring our cotton candy maker to the classroom, and each kid consumes as much sugary goodness as their stomach will allow.

Your welcome, parents.

At the forefront of my mind this week is if we should go all out and hope for lice in addition to the parasite we can't kick. Gotta go for broke, right?


In all seriousness, I might just go lunch lady style and don a plastic shower cap.

3 comments:

natalie said...

if you've got a parasite, you might as well have lice to go with it, right? LOL.

you must post pics if you wear the shower cap :)

Laurie said...

I think you're so adorable, you could pull off a shower cap. Do it Jamie! :)

Oh and btw, we had one of our kids have lice TWICE and the rest of us never got it. Spray a gob ton of hairspray in your hair - they hate dirty hair.

MiniMe Mom said...

Thanks Laurie- that made my day!

Thanks for the tip- I sprayed and sprayed hairspray, so hopefully it will work!