Sunday, August 22, 2010

Camping, Revisited

After last year's camping trip, Josh and I vowed to never camp again.


Ever.


As we shared our experience (the non-stop rain, 50 degree temperatures, and a son on the verge of anemia and wanting to be held all.the.time), more and more people explained that had the weather been beautiful, our entire trip would be a different experience entirely.

Last year, a friend graciously offered her pop-up after the trailer we had booked fell through. This year, the Hulst family offered their motorhome. Let me tell you- if there ever is a way to camp, this is it:


A nice size bathroom, three TVs, Queen and King size bed, enough room to lounge around....a hotel room on wheels.

Wednesday, we loaded our goods and headed to Gun Lake.
The weather was beautiful. My kids learned they loved fishing. We had a chance to take a few great bike rides. The s'mores were delicious. The company was delightful. All in all, we had a great time.

I can't say Josh and I have changed our mind about buying a trailer (it's probably never going to happen), but we did have a great time with friends.

LOVED fishing
Josh and Dan cooking supper.
The whole gang-Jelsemas, Van Dams, Dieleman's, and Birds.
Nice, shallow water.
My kid the filthiest I have ever seen him.

1 comment:

natalie said...

Good times. I'm so glad everything went smoother this time around....and you now have better memories of camping :)