Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Goodbye Summer









So long, Summer 2010.



It's been fun.



Here are my top five favorite things about Kayden going back to school:



1. Bryce and him won't fight as much. I am tempted to list this as all five, since I am SO sick of them fighting. For some reason, they have to be right on top of each other. God forbid one of them goes to another part of the house.



2. The Target Social. One stroll through Target yesterday revealed what all the moms do while kids are in preschool/kindergarten. It was fun catching up with a bunch of people I have not seen in a while.



3. Fall weather. Don't get me wrong, I love the heat of summer. However, I am looking forward to football games, pumpkin patches, and playing outside without needing shade and gatorade.



Fall would be my absolute favorite time of the year if it didn't lead directly into winter. The temperature is perfect!



4. Kayden learning fresh and new information every day. My favorite part of a school day is during the car ride home, asking him about his school day. I love hearing how the day went from his perspective. 5 years old=brutal honesty.



5. Spending some one on one with Bryce. Getting to do all the things with him that I did with Kayden before he was born. I cherish the quiet and alone time we have, just the two of us.



Because Josh is home all summer, it is always a bittersweet time when school rolls around. It has been a great summer, and I am sad to see it go!


No comments: