Wednesday, February 24, 2010

You have to be 100

"You have to be 100 before you get to go to Heaven", I always tell Kayden.

In retrospect, it probably is not the best answer. It was late at night when we were talking about it, and he asked how old you have to be. 100 seemed like a good round figure.

The other day we were driving and Kayden was asking me all sorts of questions about dying. Why Tia was only 8 when she went to heaven, what happened to my grandparents, how old were they when they went to heaven.

K: Mom, but what will happen when you are 100?
Me: Well, then I will be in heaven with Jesus.

I heard slight sniffling and I could tell he was processing this.

K: But then I will be here and you will be in heaven and then I won't have a mom anymore.
Me: Kayden, I know it does not make sense to you. Just don't worry about it now. You have along time before I turn 100. When you are an adult, this will all make more sense.
K: But what about Grandma?
Me: What about Grandma, honey?
K, crying even harder: Well, she is almost 100!

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is so funny. I ALWAYS thought my grandparents were so old too :)

Kami/The Elegant Elle said...

Oh, this made me get misty eyed and let out a belly laugh all at once.