Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A few posts ago I mentioned watching a mother bird build a nest right outside my kitchen window. For a week, I struggled on tip toe to see how many babies were in there- if I would catch a glimpse of a tiny beak. Initially, I thought there were two:


Growing bigger-- they are so ugly they are cute!
Imagine my surprise when I looked in there and saw four! They are starting to spread their tiny wings, all of them have their eyes opened, and are getting too big for the nest!

I have wasted more time watching these baby birds! The reflection of the sun blocks me from the mother's view, so I can view them from about a foot away from their nest. I am going to be sad when they fly away! I have witnessed God's nature at it's finest!

Also, I am sure many of you moms have come across this. Thank God they are washable crayons!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are awesome Jamie! I cant wait to show ashlyn!

tami said...

Oh, you should see the walls, doors, and etc. I have cleaned up from Ellis beautiful drawings. She is my little spit fire.

Triplet Mom said...

I've been watching a robin's nest myself. It's right outside my office window! This robin mom has 4-6 babies. I can't tell. I also watch them a lot and waste time, but how cool to see it up close! How does she know which babies she fed and which ones still need worms? I loose track with three!

Anonymous said...

Jamie I love the baby birds but the artwork is beautiful.

MiniMe Mom said...

I thought the same thing Triplet Mom- but I have watched them enough now to know that she takes the worms and splits it between the birds. Each gets a little piece. I cannot believe you might have six! My little birds are crammed in the nest with four.

Mom, thanks for buying washable crayons:-)

Laurie said...

Not to be a wet blanket, but they are so ugly they ARE ugly. ;)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should be keeping watch over Josh instead of the birds and he wouldn't try to get your attention by writing on the walls. I can tell it was Josh by the way teachers write.

MiniMe Mom said...

Awww, Laurie. You just neeed to see them in person. You would love 'em too:-)

Anonymous said...

You need to spend more time updating your blog and less time on TV.

Laurie said...

Are you on vacation? Get posting lady - those birds are creeping me out.

Anonymous said...

You have no time to blog! You have to keep making things for my little girl!

MiniMe Mom said...

Laurie,

My birdies are gone. They left me this past week. I was a little sad:-)