Friday, March 30, 2012

True enough.

Spring Break has arrived.

To celebrate, Thursday after school we headed to Grand Rapids with the kids. Josh wanted to pick up a few athletic shirts, so we all went along for the ride.

We decided the next stop was dinner at the airport viewing area. Josh and I have been loyal Smashburger fans since we ate there almost every day this past summer.

Walking in to pick up our food, I immediately spotted Richard, the general manager. We got to know him quite well--he always asked about Tessa and the boys, how we were doing, how much longer until we could take her home.

He smiled and looked at me quizzically. I could tell he recognized who I was, but was having trouble placing me.

Refreshing his memory, we engaged in a little back and forth about how Tessa and the boys are doing.

After checking me out and handing me the shopping bag full of burger and fries, he said to me "You know, I kind of recognized you, but you just look a lot less tired."

True enough, Mr. Richard.

There is lightness and joy filling my days, and I will forever be thankful (as well as more rested).

“Joy is the serious business of Heaven.” ~ C. S. Lewis

No comments: