Saturday, March 10, 2012

Friends in Lower places

I often find myself reflecting back on last year at this time.

Maybe it is because Spring is around the corner, her baptism date is set; perhaps it is the little pink Easter dress that arrived in my mailbox that I ached for last year, or the fact that we might actually take Tessa in public soon.

Exciting events I wasn't sure would ever happen.

This past weekend, to celebrate Cara's incredible weight loss (100 lbs!), we went for pedicures.

A few months ago, this same group met up at Cascade Roadhouse for a rousing night of karaoke fun.

Aside from my age disqualification, it is fair to say that I will not be auditioning for American Idol anytime soon.

Josh is an extremely talented musician...I barely feel confident singing next to someone in church. I may or may not lip sync as the pastor strolls by.

Our second group o' girls song was "Friends in Lower Places" by Garth Brooks.

I have always seen it as the bawdy bar song where drunk, happy people link shoulders and sway to the beat, reveling in the low places they are inhabiting.

Strictly referencing the title, this picture represents my friends in lower places.

....and I ain't talking about the establishment.

A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.
Elbert Hubbard

Without a doubt, they love me even when life isn't pretty.

When I don't have it all together.

They held my hand through the worst time of my life, and value me the same.

I {heart} these girls, and am so thankful God brought us together four years ago in the baby boom of 2008.

Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

1. the Pedicure were fun and need to be done more often...even if there's nothing to celebrate. :)

2. Next time we go karaoke-ing, Josh needs to sing.

3. I too am very grateful you and our friendship. Love ya :)

Michelle said...

oh my! just saw this post :)

I agree with your sentiments, these friendships are a true gift!

also, we rocked that karaoke joint.
Well, Timmer did anyway. ;)

natalie said...

Perhaps we'll have to get our spray tans on before we karaoke next time...:)

Love you ladies!