Sunday, March 04, 2012

Wonderful Weekend

Josh heard the weather report calling for 11 inches up North, so we wanted to get as far as we could get before the snow fell Friday afternoon.

As we approached Cadillac, it started to get slushy. Viewing a car flipped upside down in the ditch slowed our pace to 30 miles an hour.

It was a {turtle} race to arrive, and we finished second (kudos, Dielemans!). Texting on the way up reminded me of the good old days of CB radios during our caravan mission trips to Canada.

Verdict: 19 kids + 10 adults = one of my favorite GWL trips ever.

Pictures don't do it justice....in true fashion, I didn't haul out my camera until the last day. I am missing half our group!


The news said there was 10 more inches after this photo was taken.

The GWL crew singing Happy Birthday to Chelle.



Tessa stayed in the room, but had to get into the action in her bathing suit for a photo.






Happy to be in a different surrounding, I am sure!



Spent lots of time in the lazy river



These two are quite funny together.



Spraying Dylan...as I said....horrible photographer that I only got half the picture. UGH!









A great time was had by all.




Apparently, GWL is exhausting.......


















This is one of Tessa's favorite toys. I am pretty sure she missed it because she has never been this excited before for playtime!




As Kayden said a tearful goodbye to the room (four times), we promised him we would be back for his birthday in October. It's not going to be the same without the slew of kids to entertain each other, though!




So thankful for these friends and a wonderful weekend of fun!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

good, good times. and if I forgot to say it at the time- Thank you for the Happy Birthday Surprise :)