Friday, November 06, 2009

High Hopes

I guess my expectations were too high.

After seeing Bryce so healthy and happy yesterday, I naively thought we were on the mend.

He was livelier than I have seen him in months, and was starting to show some color. I figured he would gradually grow stronger and better, and this weekend we would see a whole new Bryce.
Have I mentioned Patience is not one of my virtues?

Today we were back to whining, clinginess, and lots of crying. I could just tell he did not feel good. His heart was beating really fast, and the color I was sure that I saw yesterday is all but gone.

Two steps forward, one step back, right? I guess this sign should be upside down, but you get the point.

For now, we will continue with the iron supplements and limiting his milk intake to 20 ounces a day. Hopefully, tomorrow will again be better!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope he does better tomorrow, it was so hard to see him today not feeling so well after enjoying him yesterday having so much fun.

Mom

Unknown said...

Patience is a virtue with lots of wait.

I will keep praying for God to heal Bryce and give you and Josh the patience you need to work through this.

natalie said...

we're praying for your family, and i pray that bryceeee has a better day today!
love you guys!

Triplet Mom said...

But do they know what is causing the anemia? Are you still waiting for test results?

Anonymous said...

I will continue to pray for your sweet precious boy...also, for strength and endurance for you and Josh.....Call me if you want to talk or I can do anything to help!

Joan