Sunday, June 08, 2008



As this summer approached, we knew the daunting task of re-painting the pool was looming. Due about every five years, we dreaded it since we moved into this house. Largely due to our inexperience and not knowing where to start, and also the amount of work it is to strip down the walls with acid, clean the acid off with chemicals, scrub the tiles, blue tape, and then paint it, it was something we were not looking forward to. Josh took a Thursday and Friday off in order to open it, then Bryce went in the hospital that week so we delayed.


Once the cover had been removed, the water depth in the shadow was about six inches. The floor was not even visible there was so much debris and sludge. Picture above. Special thanks to my dad- who loves me so much he was willing to inhale fumes for two days and clean the sludge out of the bottom of my pool.



Two days later, and this is how it looks. I almost do not even want to put water in it. Kayden had so much fun running into the deep end and trying unsuccessfully to climb back out. Sliding down the incline has been his favorite part. Josh even looks short standing down there.












We already had our first pool goers. Freezing cold temperatures made them not stay in long.






Bryce is really starting to smile a lot these days. Sometimes for absolutely no reason, he will just start smiling and cooing. His onesie says "I'd rather be Naked". Usually when he is smiling the most, that is the case.








Stress is the word of the day around here. I am waiting on Large wet bags for each of these boxes. Everything that could have gone wrong with this manufacturing run, did. First, I had to wait three months for the outer cotton fabric. Then, I called to put the inner material on hold and they did not but assured me they would have more by the time I needed it--- and the new shipment got held up in customs for three weeks. Once it shipped to the manufacturer, she had started another project and could not work on them for two weeks and her two week turnaround time has gradually morphed into six weeks. UPS was supposed to ship three day and instead it took a week. It would not be so hard if I did not have so many people waiting and asking daily about them. I guess that is a good thing they are interested at all, but I am a people pleaser so I just get stressed. Thank God for family--my mom and brother took Wednesday and we bagged and tagged for 9 hours...half down, half to go.




My manufacturer for the Target bags is sending those out June 21st, so that is another stressful event. Between booking the shipment, setting up and reviewing all of Targets trade policies, learning how to read purchase orders and warehousing goods, I feel somedays like I am in a foreign world. This learning curve has been steep, but hopefully soon they will be here and in the stores and worth all the stress. Below are the styles that will hit the endcap August 1st-3rd in 300 stores. No word yet which stores they will be in, but when they are online, I will let you know.






I am so grateful Josh is out of school so I can play a little bit of catch up. At this point, though, all I am thinking about is vacationing somewhere with lots of sand and waves. Anyone going anywhere fun this summer?

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Kayden in the background, had me rolling! His sweet little voice, "I farted"...and you dont even brake stride...You just add it in the mix of baby talk! Too funny!

BTW< if you need help bagging, I can come over!

MiniMe Mom said...

Don't tempt me, Nicole LOL

He says he farts so much...and burps, and all those other boyish functions. He thinks it is hilarious to let me know every time it happens! That is the worse part of the video, me talking. Seriously, people, turn down the sound!

Michelle said...

Isn't that early cooing and smiling the BEST? It brings tears to my eyes almost every time!

I am so happy that you are inching ever closer to your launch date at Target! what a ride! you should be very proud of your accomplishments, if I may speak for us bloggers, we are so proud of you!

Michelle said...

the pool looks GREAT!

and of course so do the Wet Bags.
One for a girl, one for a boy, and one for a unisex. Perfect!