Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Ugly Face

Tonight, Josh and Kayden were outside taking a walk with the "cozy coup". I was cleaning out my 'Mom-Ride', and Carmelo decided he had to go outside. I shuffled to the door to let him out, and no sooner had I sat down to rest for a minute than he started barking. Like little yippee dogs do.
Now normally, I would open the door and shoo him inside so he would not cause a disturbance to my neighbors. Instead, I turned around and in essence put out the white flag of surrender. "Let him bark it out", I thought. "I don't have the energy". I then caught my look in the reflection of glass. This is pretty much what I saw:
The crabbiest face of them all. I can't even recount how many times I have apologized to my mom for snapping over something trivial... I might as well walk around with a big apology sign on my forehead. Kayden is not on the receiving end, but I think he realizes some days lately I am too tired to fully discipline. He has taken that line and ran with it.
For example, today when we were eating at Wendy's and he started jumping on the booth seat. Normally, I would reprimand very quickly and make him sit down. Instead, I shrugged my shoulders and thought it might get rid of some excess energy.
I think the thing that bothers me most about all this is that, for the most part, I am a pretty sunny and energetic person. I was full steam until this past weekend when I caught a cold and I can't seem to shake it. My energy is gone, and with it has come a case of the grumpies. I am hoping kicking this illness and a good nights sleep will give me perspective.
In the meantime, if you see me and I have the above-mentioned face, please do not take it personal. I will return soon. Hopefully!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Its miserable being sick especially while pregnant and you can't take any good drugs! Hope you feel better soon

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Jamie...I like your artwork...maybe you incorporate that into a product?????

Joan

Michelle said...

let our ugly faces unite!

along with our ugly butts, ugly stretch marks, and dare I say ugly attitudes?

hanging in there with ya!
you go first!!

Anonymous said...

Nice pic. although it may be a bit flattering in the midsection. I'll bet that comment got me "The Look" By the way, our home computer is about a 2000 model with dial up. I don't even mess with it - just go to work with dsl and super speed. Poor Jude at home trying to download a pic of the grandkids: waiting, waiting, waiting, napping, waiting some more.